Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Working Girls vs. The Working Girls

After reading a story in a Manhattan magazine about the city wanting to clean up 11th ave. , get rid of the working girls, etc, I thought a bit. Regardless of our careers , aren't we all working girls? Did you ever stop a working girl on 11th ave. and ask her why she does what she does? Maybe she's putting herself through college, or raising her children, and doesn't want to live off the city.
Even the girl with the corner office on Wall Street, is a working girl. My point to the city, is instead of trying to get these women off the streets, use the money to send them back to school. If you think you're any better then the girl working 11th avenue, because you have a college degree, forget it. You're still a working girl. Remember the movie WORKING GIRL?
I applaud the ladies on 11th ave, for putting theirselves through college with the assets they have, and would accept comments from anyone that reads this. After all is done ladies, we all have our careers to get us through life, so back off NYC, Instead of spending my hard earned taxes on getting rid of girls with a career you don't like, how about giving FDNY and NYPD a raise, since they are always there for us.
If anyone wants to comment, be my guest.

13 comments:

The Big Apple Blogger said...

Right on girl! Nobody should deny any woman the right to use her body for what she believes to be best for her. Keep writing more good stuff!

Anonymous said...

I tip my cap to you Bombshell, am a cop, worked vice before I was transferred, and a lot of the girls on 11th ave.are saving for school, plus have kids and don't want to go on welfare.
Let and let live is my motto. Thanks for thinking of NYPD.
Mario

Anonymous said...

You go girl. as usual I agree, we are all working girls, regardless of our career choice. Plus a raise for my hubby would get me new duds.
Janet

Anonymous said...

I agree that everyone has the right to choose what they want to do rather it be standing on a corner or running for the president. I feel that we want to do better in life so we do what it takes to make it in the world, so if it means doing things that one not proud of, as long as no one gets hurts, I see nothing wrong with it.

Anonymous said...

There are allways options, but not allways answers. I don't believe many women preferre to sell their bodies, allthough i'm sure some do. Some of the best pleasures in life are free. Doesn't matter what kind of working girl you are

Anonymous said...

I disagree.

Anonymous said...

I agree that everyone has the right to choose what they want to do rather it be standing on a corner or running for the president. I feel that we want to do better in life so we do what it takes to make it in the world, so if it means doing things that one not proud of, as long as no one gets hurts, I see nothing wrong with it.

Anonymous said...

well if the city is attempting to clean the streets of these girls, I have 2 extra bedrooms in my apt where i can let them stay. then we all would be happy.

Anonymous said...

YOU TELL THEM LIKE IT IS MA. LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD.
J

Anonymous said...

To the person that disagreed with me, I respect your right to think as an individual. Tho I would like to know why you disagreed.
the blonde bombshell

Anonymous said...

isn't "all" women to some degree a working girl? maybe she isn't on a street corner but she is married, single or just trying to make ends meet or trying to get more out of life by using her body? if she is quite attractive she will make lots of money for men desire attractive women.

Anonymous said...

Michael (MAV) here, this has been going on for many many years and not just in New York, it dates back to Western days, it happens overseas as in Barcelona, Spain, Naples, Italy, Puerto Rico, all over the world. maybe she can't find a job, her kids needs comes first as in food, clothes and she is doing whatever she can to take care of them. she may not like what she is doing but she has no choice. as long as these women aren't used, abused or tortured, leave them alone. they are no different from an office girl, their setting and life style is just different. office girls will sleep with their bosses to climb the corporate ladder, women on the street use their good looks and how they are dressed to attract men. if i would ever run into one, i would much rather hand her $100 and tell her to take an hour off for she must need it more than me then i leave and go about my business.

Anonymous said...

Very insightful comments... look forward to reading more from my perch in Iraq! :-)